When Should I Contact a Lawyer for my Real Estate Transfer?

The short answer is that it is never too early to contact a lawyer regarding your real estate transfer.

The standard OREA ("Ontario Real Estate Association") Forms your real estate agent probably uses are excellent and adequate for most transactions. However, if you are doing something out of the ordinary the standard forms may not fully protect you, or capture the elements of the deal you actually want to make. There is nothing sadder than when a client brings us a signed and sealed agreement of purchase and sale and we discover that something that was very important to our client is missing from it. and there is nothing we can do. That is why we recommend that, whether you are buying or selling, you have your documents reviewed by a lawyer before you sign.